A man, his pregnant wife and their son died in the
early hours of yesterday, allegedly, from generator
fumes at their residence in Elekehia area of Port
Harcourt, Rivers State capital.
Landlord of the residence, Mr Chikarson Boms, said
a 17-year-old girl, who lived with the family, was
the only one that survived. According to the
landlord, the family placed the generator close to
their room window.
He said neighbours became suspicious when they
woke up to see the generator still running and the
family members failed to come out. When they
knocked on their door, there was no response.
According to him, when the neighbours forced their
way in, they met the family members in sleeping
positions, but it was obvious something was
wrong. The man and son were apparently dead.
So the neighbours rushed the girl and the man’s
wife who managed to utter some words to hospital.
Boms said the wife could have survived if doctors
had responded to her early enough.