President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the following appointments:
1. Major-General Abayomi Gabriel Olonishakin – Chief of Defence
2. Major-General T.Y. Buratai – Chief of Army Staff
3. Rear Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas – Chief of Naval Staff
4. Air Vice Marshal Sadique Abubakar – Chief of Air Staff
5. Air Vice Marshal Monday Riku Morgan – Chief of Defence
6. Major-General Babagana Monguno (rtd.) – National Security Adviser
The new Chief of Defence Staff, Maj-Gen. Olonishakin (N/6901) hails
from Ekiti State. Until his appointment as Chief of Defence Staff today,
he was the Head of the Nigerian Army Training and Doctrine Command
in Minna, Niger State.
The new Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-G en. Buratai hails from Borno State.
Until his new appointment today, he was the Commander of the
Multinational Joint Task Force which has its headquarters in Ndjamena.
Maj-Gen. Buratai has previously served as Commander of the Nigerian
Army’s 2nd Brigade in Port Harcourt and Commander of the Nigerian
Army School of Infantry in Jaji, Kaduna State.